Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Beauty Birthday Haul!

So I had a birthday a few weeks ago, the big 3-0! I got some birthday cards with cash and decided to splurge on some fun beauty and skin care items for myself! Here's a breakdown of most of the stuff I got--stay tuned for reviews in the coming weeks!

ForeverNestingMama.blogspot.com



















First, I ordered a few make-up items from Ulta and NYX cosmetics. I've been wanting to get a few travel items and water resistant items for summer, so I got several things that I took on our beach vacation to try out. I ordered the IT Cosmetics CC cream, mostly because I have heard so many good things about it--its got great coverage, but still lightweight AND has SPF 50 in it, which is great for beach or pool days! This also came with a free waterproof eyeliner! I have been wanting to try a brow pomade, so I grabbed this one by NYX! I thought a setting spray might be good to keep everything in place better than a powder, so I went with the matte finish spray by NYX (the NYX products were buy one get one 50% off!). They also had a BOGO sale on the Yes To brand facial wipes,  so I got a few of those to try out. I love the convenience of these wet wipes, but some tend to break me out, so I'm hoping these don't! (Not pictured, but I will review include this NYX Butt Naked palatte, this waterproof concealer, and this waterproof eyeliner)


ForeverNestingMama.blogspot.com



My next order was a suggestion from YouTube beauty vlogger Rachel Weiland (GlowOfGrace). She reviewed Madam Glam coloring changing gel nail polishes and they looked super awesome! I've been doing my own gel polish manicures for awhile, but don't have a big selection of colors-the polishes are expensive! So when I saw the review on these, I got super excited! They paint on one color (when your hands are warm) , then change color when your hands get cold. And when they are a little warm and a little cold, they have a cool tye-dye/ombre type look! I ordered 3 colors, Love Me Crazy, Heaven, and Man Eater. Seriously can't wait to try these out and let y'all know how it goes!

ForeverNestingMama.blogspot.com






















My last splurge was at Lush. I somehow have been living under a rock and did not know about the amazing bath products from Lush! I picked up a few bath bombs, bubble bars, massage bars, and a sea salt scrub! I've tried a few so far and have loved all of them!! I've been so busy diy-ing that I haven't had much time for pampering, but I plan to catch up in the next few weeks!


ForeverNestingMama.blogspot.com



We just got home from a week at the beach, so once I get caught up on laundry (a family of 5 can produce a LOT of dirty clothes and towels in a week!), I plan to get some blogs up with reviews of most of these products! I also FINALLY finished my dining room table makeover and the laundry room is almost done as well! So stay tuned for lots of posts in the coming weeks!!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment