Wednesday, July 22, 2015

LUSH Product Reviews!

I have been MAJORLY slacking on this blog, but I'm hoping to get caught back up soon! Life has been crazy with all 3 kiddos here while I'm working, but I'm planning to get some writing done and photos taken soon to flood you all with some more DIY projects and beauty reviews!

ForeverNestingMama.blogspot.com

As previously mentioned in my beauty haul blog, I used a good chunk of my birthday money for a LUSH haul! A few of the You Tube vloggers I follow have talked about LUSH and I just HAD to try their stuff out! Not only did the products look amazing, the products are all handmade, fresh, and organic! They are good for your skin and the environment! I am a bath person, so I mostly focused on Bath products in this haul, but after loving mostly everything I bought, I will be heading back to branch out and try some other products they offer! ( I purchased these items with my own money, these are my own thoughts and am not being compensated in any way for this review.)


ForeverNestingMama.blogspot.com


Ocean Salt Scrub
I LOVE this scrub! It's got large and small exfoliating pieces so it's perfect for face OR body!  I've been using it in the shower before or after I shave my legs and it just give m that extra smoothness that's perfect for summertime! It  is a whiteish green color, so I also love that it does not leave any stains in the shower if I drop some and don't wash it down right away.
ForeverNestingMama.blogspot.com

The only negative thing I can say about this product is that it doesn't have much of a smell. The description states it s a coconut cream and sea salt scrub, so I thought it would have more of a coconut or maybe beachy-salt smell, however it doesn't seem to have any kind of scent. I will definitely purchase again, but now I know not to expect any scent.
ForeverNestingMama.blogspot.com
ForeverNestingMama.blogspot.com

Massage Bars
Each Peach (and Two's a Pair)
I LOVE this bar! It is super moisturizing and smells AMAZING!  It has a citrus-y scent that leaves me feeling refreshed and with super soft skin for summer. I've not used it as a "massage bar" as it's called(we've been too busy for me to make hubby give me a massage!), I've just used it on my legs and arms when I've needed moisture in lieu of regular lotion. It is a bit greasy when you first put it on, but it sinks in to the skin within about an hour (maybe faster on days when my skin is super dry!) I will absolutely be re-purchasing this as I love the scent and the ease of use. I did buy the massage bar tin to store it in and that's been working out great. I think this will be a great product to travel with instead of a bottle of lotion as it doesn't have the potential to explode all over the rest of my suitcase contents. (Right in photo)

ForeverNestingMama.blogspot.com

Wiccy Magic Muscles (Left in Photo)
This bar was not one of my favorites, mainly because the scent smells very masculine to me. I used this on my legs one day and while it is very moisturizing, I just did  not like that scent on me. I think it would be fine to use as a massage bar, but not a daily moisturizer as I've have been using the other bar. I have since passed this one along to hubby for use.


Bath Bombs
These are by far my favorite items from my haul! I LOVE a good soak in the tub and these bath bombs add just the right amount of scent and skin softeners to make the tub that much more enjoyable.  I am not big of flowery scents, so I stuck with the sweet and citrus ones, but I have loved them all so far! I've heard of people cutting these in half or quarters, and I think the larger ones could be cut in half and still give a great bath, but I wouldn't cut the smaller ones or go any smaller than half of the big ones in my size tub. Maybe you could do quarters in a smaller tub, but our tub is pretty big  and I fill it up pretty high! I purchased the Avobath, Pink Bath Bomb and two of the Fizzbanger.
ForeverNestingMama.blogspot.com

The Fizzbanger was the first one I used (I used it whole) and it goes in the water yellow, then releases some blue to make your water turn green. It has a apple scent with a slight hint of cinnamon. It also left a cute little surprise when it was all done! I am happy to report that despite the water being VERY green at the end of my bath, it did not leave any residue or stain my bath tub!
ForeverNestingMama.blogspot.comForeverNestingMama.blogspot.com
ForeverNestingMama.blogspot.comForeverNestingMama.blogspot.com
ForeverNestingMama.blogspot.comForeverNestingMama.blogspot.com
ForeverNestingMama.blogspot.com


Next I used the Pink Bath bomb, which is pink the entire time, has a sweet vanilla candy scent and left cute tiny hearts in the tub as it dissolved! (I was too busy enjoying my bath to take pics of this one, you'll just have to check it out for yourself!!) Unfortunately, this one did leave some pink residue on the tub after the bath. I cleaned it right away to make sure it didn't stain, and that cleaned it all up, however I'm not too keen on having to clean right after a good long soak in the tub. :(

I haven't tried the Avobath yet, but hope to get to it soon (Ill update this once I get to it!). It has a fresh, light lemongrass scent.

Bubble Bars
I purchased 2 bubble bars and have only used one so far and I enjoyed it. I think I prefer the bath bombs, but when I'm in the mood for bubbles, these are a great addition to my bath! Similar to the bombs, they add a light scent (less scent that the bombs), and skin softeners. I purchased the Brightside bar (right in photo)  and the Yuzu and Cocoa bar (left in photo).
ForeverNestingMama.blogspot.com
The Yuzu and Cocoa bar has an orange scent with a hint of chocolate. I just used half of this one as it is easy to pull apart, however I think with my size tub, I may have enjoyed it more had I used the entire thing. You simply crumble these under the running water and hop in the enjoy the bubbles!

The Brightside bar is much larger than then other, so I will likely start out just using half of it and go from there.


We have been so busy with vacation and having my step daughters here that I haven't had much time to myself to use more of the bath products, but I am sure I will have them all used up soon! I will certainly be heading back to Lush (or jumping online) to purchase more products-some repeats and some new things!  If you haven't tried their products before, you need to, you wont regret it!

-A

1 comment:

  1. I love LUSH. I used their Angels on Bare Skin face cleanser for years. It is my favorite. I also like their Lemonbutter (I think that's the name). It is great lotion. I am so glad you enjoyed your purchases. Great review!

    ReplyDelete