Thursday, July 26, 2018

Jalapeno Ranch Salsa (Chuy's Copycat Recipe)

Welcome back! As per usual with me, life has gotten a little busy and this blog was the first thing to go on the back burner. I've got lots of plans for new posts, so let's hope I can get my stuff together and get them written and posted! I've got some lofty goals for 2017 including fitness, finally opening my Etsy shop, and of course, this blog! Stay tuned, I promise I'll be trying hard to stay on track and give y'all some fun DIY projects, recipes, product reviews, and who knows what else!





With the Super Bowl coming up this weekend, I thought I'd share with you my all time favorite dip recipe that is super simple and perfect for parties of all sizes. I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't love this dip, some find it a little to spicy, however it's easy to modify and keep it more on the mild side if that's what you prefer. If you are from Texas, you likely know about the Tex-Mex restaurant, Chuy's. They have this amazing jalapeno ranch salsa that will blow your mind! After having it once, I was on the hunt for a good copycat recipe. It took a few tries and several different recipes, but I finally found the perfect one! I'd link it here, but the blog I got it from it no longer online. This dip is not only good with tortilla chips, it's good on just about everything. You know those hot sauce commercials where the old lady tells you that she "puts this sh*t on everything"? Ya, that's my motto with this dip. It's amazing on tacos, quesadillas, chicken, scrambled eggs (yes, I said eggs-try it before you knock it!), or even as a dressing on a salad or taco salad. Seriously, everything. That being said, the original recipe makes a ton, like "let's feed the whole block" kind of ton (though if we try hard, husband and I can eat it all in a few days...). So depending on how many guests you have, you may want to use the half or quarter measurements. I'll also mention that this will get spicier the longer it sits. I usually make it the day before a party to give it some time to meld together and get a little kick to it.  Without further ado, let's get into it!

Ingredient's:
FULL Recipe (for a large party or a smaller, but very hungry group)
4 cups Real Mayo
1 cup Buttermilk
1/2 bunch Cilantro
1 cup Tomatillo or Verde Salsa
1 cup Jalapenos (sliced or diced in a jar with a little of the juice)*
3 packs dry Ranch Mix

1/2 Recipe (for parties of about 10)
2 cups Real Mayo
1/2 cup Buttermilk
1/4 bunch Cilantro
1/2 cup Tomatillo or Verde Salsa
1/2 cup Jalapenos (sliced or diced in a jar with a little of the juice)*
2 packs dry Ranch Mix

1/4 Recipe (for 2-8 people)
1 cup Real Mayo
1/4 cup Buttermilk
1/4 bunch Cilantro
1/4 cup Tomatillo or Verde Salsa
1/4-1/2 cup Jalapenos (sliced or diced in a jar with a little of the juice)*
1 1/2 packs dry Ranch Mix

*You can use more or less jalapenos if you prefer the dip to be more or less spicy. Remember, it will get spicier the longer it sits. I tend to put enough in that it has a little kick, so the next day it's a little hotter and suits my taste.


As I said earlier, this recipe is very simple-- put all of the ingredients into a food processor or sturdy blender and pulse/blend until its all blended together. That's it! Pour it into a bowl and enjoy with tortilla chips. Or on anything and everything, like I do! Refrigerate when it's not being eaten and it will stay good for about 7 days.

 NOTES: If you are making the full recipe, you'd be better off using a blender as its too much liquid for my Cuisinart food processor (if I need to make the full recipe amount, I'll make the 1/2 recipe twice). I've also tried freezing this so I could enjoy it whenever I wanted without having the mess of making a whole batch, but because of the mayo and buttermilk, it does NOT thaw well, so I would not recommend freezing. I was a very sad day when I thawed it out and had to throw it all away.

YUM!!!

Let me know if you make it and how you like it (though I know you'll LOVE it!!)!!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment